Taking another shot at 6 (a real shot in the dark!), could it be Pirate from Outcast, Stallion of Hawaii by Harlan Thompson (aka Stephen Holt). Bart Holiday (the protagonist) makes a special shoe for Pirate's injured hoof
I should have come on earlier.....I'm sure I would have got Silver Blaze and Flame from the clues but the others beat me to it! :-[
Is the ghost series about an oddly coloured horse the Green Horse Hotel. Can't remember the author but I do recall the name from a review you did on your blog. It's not much help to me but it may jog someone else's memory if it's correct.
Susan your two answers are correct. Darkhorse you are getting there. I think the book in question is on my blog too, so reading it may help! Just 2 to go folks. No. 3 is by a very popular author!
1. I WAS WON IN A COMPETITION AND MY OWNER SEEMED TO IRRITATE THE ENTIRE MALE POPULATION! ANSWER: MISTY FROM THE JACKIE BOOKS BY JUDITH BERRISFORD
2. EVERYONE WANTED ME AT THE START OF THE BOOK BUT AT THE END I WASN'T THE WINNER... ANSWER: GREY DAWN FROM SIX PONIES BY JPT
3. I AM BEAUTIFUL IN LOOKS BUT NOT SPIRIT. MY UNCERTAIN FATE MADE A GIRL QUESTION HER CAREER ANSWER: THE BLIZZARD FROM THE SILVER BRIDLE BY CAROLINE AKRILL
4. MY UNFLATTERING NICKNAME MADE ME SOUND LIKE I SHOULD BE IN THE KITCHEN NOT THE STABLE. I WAS THE FIRST OF MANY PONIES FOR MY OWNER ANSWER: CAVALIER (aka THE TOASTRACK) FROM A PONY FOR JEAN BY JOANNA CANNAN
5. I WAS THE ONLY PONY WITHOUT A NAME AND I HELPED A GIRL REGAIN HER LOVE OF RIDING ANSWER: NONNY FROM THE MYSTERY TREK BY PRIMROSE CUMMING
6. I AM A PALOMINO. I LIVED IN PARADISE BUT I WASN'T HAPPY UNTIL A BOY MADE ME SOMETHING I NEEDED ANSWER: PIRATE FROM OUTCAST STALLION OF HAWAII BY HARLAN THOMPSON/STEPHEN HOLT
7. I AM A BIG GIRL. I WAS RESCUED FROM A NASTY MAN AND ENDED UP WITH TWO FOALS! ANSWER: MATILDA FROM THE MATILDA SERIES BY CAROL VAUGHAN
8. I WAS BADLY TREATED BUT I ENDED UP STARTING A TV SHOW! ANSWER: COBBLERS DREAM FROM THE FOLLYFOOT BOOKS BY MONICA DICKENS
9. A GANG OF KIDS ATTEMPTED TO RAISE MONEY TO BUY ME. I SHARE MY NAME WITH A FAMOUS FICTIONAL RACE HORSE ANSWER: SILVER BLAZE FROM SILVER BLAZE BY LILIAS EDWARDS
10. I AM CHESTNUT AND I HAD A MUCH MORE FAMOUS RIVAL OF A DIFFERENT COLOUR. ANSWER: FLAME FROM THE ISLAND STALLION BOOKS BY WALTER FARLEY
11. I HAD MORE THAN ONE NAME AND WAS ALSO TWO DIFFERENT COLOURS! ANSWER: BLACK BOY FROM RUBY FERGUSON'S JILL SERIES
12. I WAS WILD BUT THEN I FORMED A CLOSE BOND WITH A GIRL AND A DOG. ANSWER: TAM FROM TAM THE UNTAMED BY MARY PATCHETT
13. I WAS NOT UGLY THO MY NICK-NAME WAS. I CAME BETWEEN TWO FRIENDS. TOAD FROM THE TEAM BY K M PEYTON
14. I NEARLY DIED BUT HAD A FOAL AS SWEET AS ME! ANSWER: CANDY FROM THE PONY SEEKERS TRILOGY BY DPT
15. I HAVE A MUSICAL NAME AND I COME FROM POLAND ANSWER: JAZZ FROM THE BRAZEN HORSE BY ISOLDE PULLUM
16. I WAS 'A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOUR' AMONGST A FAMOUS HERD ANSWER: TAMBO FROM SILVER BRUMBY'S DAUGHTER, ETC BY ELYNE MITCHELL
17. I FEATURED IN A LONG RUNNING AMERICAN SERIES AND MY OWNER'S NAME BEGAN WITH THE SAME INITIAL AS MINE BLAZE FROM THE BILL AND BLAZE BOOKS BY C W ANDERSON
18. DESPITE MY NAME I AM A HORSE AND NOT A FELINE! I TRAVELLED A LONG WAY WITH MY BEST FRIEND. ANSWER: GATO FROM A F TSCHIFFELY'S TALE OF TWO HORSES/TSCHIFFELY'S RIDE
19. I LIVE IN SCOTLAND. I WAS ALWAYS BEING OVERSHADOWED BY A MORE GLAMOUROUS HORSE BUT THE AUTHOR OF MY BOOKS WOULD HAVE PREFFERED TO RIDE ME! ANSWER: BRAMBLE FROM THE JINNY SERIES BY PAT LEITCH
20. I AM A PALOMINO AND I HAVE BEEN AN ARTIST'S MODEL! SEA-BLONDE FROM SUE ELAINE DRAWS A HORSE BY GILLIAN HIRST (BAXTER) & MARION COAKES
fizz: Is it too late to read the Francis book and watch the film?
Aug 17, 2017 22:08:46 GMT 1
fizz: My show went well, good to have being painting again
Aug 17, 2017 22:09:07 GMT 1
Claire: Glad the show went well, wish I could paint! Yes, join in with the film and book any time you want.
Aug 20, 2017 0:08:05 GMT 1
cally: I need to make $ to emigrate. I can write non fiction, but fiction has me stumped.
Oct 14, 2017 11:52:49 GMT 1
cally: I need to make $ to emigrate, buy a rural property in the Yorkshire Dales area, start an animal rescue sanctuary and a service to take animals in to see the elderly, sick, disabled etc.
Oct 14, 2017 11:54:33 GMT 1
cally: Oh I see how this works now- don't press the return button, eejit. How do I start to write a pony book having read hundreds, and not accidentally or intentionally accidentally 'borrow' ideas?
Oct 14, 2017 11:56:41 GMT 1
Claire: Hi Cally! What great ambitions!!
Oct 14, 2017 20:59:09 GMT 1
cally: My lap top stuffed so am trying to get all my stuff over to slow crap I pad so had to go through log in thing and change password so I hope I come up as me. So this is a test!
Oct 24, 2017 5:27:39 GMT 1
Claire: Yep Cally it's you alright!!
Oct 26, 2017 22:30:22 GMT 1
Claire: Hi all, just to say have put my 2 Christmas 'Pumble' stories in the Christmas 2017 in case anyone fancies a re-read.
Dec 24, 2017 13:48:15 GMT 1
Claire: Hi all apologies for not being around the last few days. Have been away travelling with no intyernet
Mar 8, 2018 13:53:52 GMT 1
Claire: Or even internet lol
Mar 8, 2018 13:54:08 GMT 1
brumby: Hi Claire, what has happened to the Pony Mad book Lovers Website??
Mar 18, 2018 8:23:22 GMT 1
Claire: Hi all sorry the website has been down due to technical problems with web host. All back up and running now!
Mar 22, 2018 19:19:12 GMT 1
Claire: Hi all the offical Reading Challenge thread is now up and running!
Jun 12, 2018 18:08:13 GMT 1
Claire: Hi all just to say have added a few Autumn/Halloween themed quizzes for you
Oct 9, 2018 15:02:48 GMT 1
Claire: Yet more Pooboards problems - sorry it is not letting anyone post as a guest at the moment - will contact them and try and sort it out.
Nov 4, 2018 12:50:07 GMT 1
aud: Can anyone tell me if they know of a Pony book that has a story line with A nesting Pair of Osprey Birds(thats as well as Ponies)i have been told it is either Alisons Island Adventure by Sheila Stewart or one of the Jinney books by patricha Leitch.
Dec 10, 2018 19:03:28 GMT 1
tali: One of the Jinny books has a sub story line of egg stealing so may be the one you are thinking of. It is one of the books that features the character Claire Burnley.
Dec 24, 2018 12:54:11 GMT 1
ginslinger: It is one of the early Jinny books. I only read the first few and I found the storyline upsetting.
Jan 4, 2019 19:17:50 GMT 1